Hey there, it’s our Splice Review article, we are using this app for some time and really would love to share our reviews on it. So, it might help you to decide whether you should use it or not. It is offered by Splice Video Editor and has more than 70 million downloads on mobile devices, especially on iOS devices. Here are some pros and cons of Splice.
- Tools to Trim, Cut, and Crop a video
- Add fast-motion & slow-motion to your clips
- Overlay photos or videos
- Chroma Key support available
- Adjust exposure, contrast, brightness, saturation, hue, etc.
- Amazing animation effects
- Tons of transitions & effects, titles
- Get access to a huge library of free music
- Direct share on YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, and more
- Export projects in 4K 60FPS quality
- No text customization in the free version
- Can’t use the music library in the free version
- Whenever importing or exporting, keeps sending popups for buying subscriptions
Should you use Splice?
Splice is a video editor and maker application for mobile devices. It was first available for iOS devices but recently it’s released for Android devices too. There are lots of advantages to this app. You can use powerful editing features, add text, overlays, music, sound effects, amazing effects & filters, and so much more. Also, it has an inbuilt library for sound effects & music. You can use them in your videos, also, the chroma key feature is available along with many other professional editing tools to edit videos in slow-motion or fast-forward. So, yeah, you can use it for editing videos.
Should you buy Splice Subscription?
To be honest, Splice premium subscription is costly but it surely gives you access to a lot of premium options. Such as there are an inbuilt sound effects & music library, tons of effects, text styles, filters, and many more features. Well, if you wish to use them, you can give it a try, we recommend using a weekly membership so you can test all the features and decide yourself if this app is best for your need or not. Splice comes with three subscriptions.
- Weekly – 249.99 INR/Week
- Monthly – 204.75 INR/Week
- Yearly – 111.54 INR/Week
Info of Splice
To know all the details, you can read this information on Splice Review. So, you will have enough data about the size of the app, the latest version, and other important factors.
|Android Required||6.0 and up|
|Offered By||Splice Video Editor|
Features of Splice
- Chroma key
- Smooth speed effects
- High-quality import & export
- Direct share option
- No Ads even in the free version
- Tons of free filters & effects
- Add fancy texts
- Lots of customization
- Add overlays
- Trim, Crop, or split a video
- Extract audio from a video
- Various Bug Fixes
- Other improvements
Explained Features of Splice
Intuitive User Interface
Speaking of the user interface of Splice, it’s pretty simple. You can easily access your projects and create new ones. Whenever you will import a media file (a photo or video), you will have options to choose the project title and aspect ratios, there will be multiple options. You can choose according to the project, for example, if you are making a TikTok video, you need to choose the portrait aspect ratio instead of landscape.
After exporting a video, we will see lots of tools and options, there are options to add another media file, add text on your video, add effects (there are many), import music from storage, or just use the inbuilt library for music & sound effects. We can also add overlays to our project, there is an option called Title is available to add an intro to your project, also, we can add our own voice with the help of the inbuilt sound recorder.
During video editing, we can access many professional tools. There are tools to crop, split, trim, remove background (with the help of chroma key), add a mask, reverse a clip, extract audio, customizing volume envelope, controlling speed (fast-motion or slow-motion effects), and there are so many filters to use. Remember, some features are only available for premium subscription users, so if you try to use them, you won’t be able to export your video, unless you buy the membership.
Splice has premium subscriptions (weekly, monthly, and yearly). With that, you can get access to unlimited access to all the features such as advanced editing tools to trim or animate. Also, you can customize your video with beautiful titles, transitions, music, sound effects, and so much more. Also, with a subscription, you can export your videos with full duration and in 4K quality. When creating a project, you will see some other projects too, those are others’ projects, you can’t export or edit them with the free version because they have a copyright, but with a subscription, you can edit as well as export them. When you will add text to your video, you will have access to many features such as customizing the text color, background, fonts, opacity, etc., it’s only for membership users.
Things we Love in Splice
- The inbuilt release note feature of Splice is amazing as we can see what’s coming or what’s new or fixed.
- The UI is pretty simple.
- The editing is simple and easy.
- A huge library of sound effects & music, as well as the ability to import music, is really nice.
- We can check for some nicely made masterpieces by other users.
- During exporting, we can choose the project quality, you can export up to 4K 60FPS.
- The direct share option is really good if we wish to directly share our videos on social media accounts like TikTok and Instagram.
- Once Splice is finished downloading, open your file manager.
- From the downloads folder, open the App, and enable the unknown source installation.
- Now, tap on the install button.
- Installation is now complete.
Conclusion:- Splice Review
If you are looking for a free application to do video editing then Splice is surely not for you. But with a subscription, it is one of the best video-editing apps. As there are so many premium filters, sound effects, and many more features. Also, there are no ads in both free as well as premium versions.